Sometimes you realize you want brats, but you forgot to thaw them overnight. Beer brats are a great way to cook them without having to worry about pathogen growth by quickly thawing on the counter or in the sink. I decided to try out an Aldi brand beer in this recipe, and it performed admirably in this recipe.
RECIPE: Beer Brats
Makes 2 Servings
Pot with Lid
1) Slice the onions and start them cooking low and slow in the pot.
2) Add three large spoonfuls of canned peppers to the pan, and then pour a full bottle of beer over everything.
3) Add the two brats, and bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Cover and let cook until down.
5) Serve peppers and onions on the bottom, and brats with mustard on top.