With the extra frosting from the baby shower, I had to make some type of frosted dessert. I am not a fan of frosted brownies, or frosted cookies (with the notable exception of gingerbread). The end result was I decided to make myself a small pound cake style cake to compliment the frosting.
RECIPE: Frost Me Cake
Makes 6 Servings
Kitchen Aid Mixer
Oven set to 325 degrees
9 in Round Cake Pan
1 1/2 C Flour
1/2 Cup Margarine
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Milk
1 t Almond Extract
1 t Nutmeg
1 t Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1) Cream together the margarine, sugar, and extract.
2) Beat in the three eggs and the milk.
3) Slowly beat in the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg until a very thick batter is formed.
4) Grease and flour the cake pan, and then pour in batter.
5) Bake for 30- 40 minutes until slightly browned and toothpick comes out clean.
6) Cool completely before frosting.
If you like a heavy, dense cake then you need to try this cake. It balances the sweetness of the frosting out perfectly, so you won’t feel like you over indulged your sweet tooth.