Everyone has a favorite meal they make about once a week. For some, its meatloaf, chicken, or even a casserole. For us, its nachos. Tortilla chips are our processed snack purchase every week, and nachos are just one of the many ways we devour them. Below is a recipe for my topper nachos, so nicknamed because they are topped with a lot and half the option for more!
RECIPE: Topper Nachos
Makes 2 Servings
Oven heated to 350
Baking Dish/Pie Plate
Cantina Style Chips
Pepper Jack Cheese
Apple Cider Vinegar
1) Finely chop a garlic clove and add it to a bowl.
2) Chop onion, pepper, and tomatoes into small pieces.
3) Halve the avocado and place the insides in the bowl with the garlic.
4) Mash the avocado and garlic together. Add a slight dash of cumin and a heavy dash of cayenne.
5) Sprinkle in some onions, pepper, and tomato to the avocado mixture.
6) If you don’t have lemon or lime juice available, add a light sprinkle of apple cider vinegar.
7) Stir mixture and let sit to the side.
8) Season ground beef with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and the rest of the onion.
9) Grate about 1/4 of a block of pepper jack cheese and a third of a block of cheddar cheese.
10) In the second bowl, add mayo, apple cider vinegar, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir together, this will taste like a better version of ranch dressing.
11) Pour chips into the dish, sprinkle with both kinds of cheese. Cover with the rest of pepper. Layer the beef on top.
12) Begin baking, when cheese is half melted, add tomatoes onto the top of the dish.
13) Serve immediately when the cheese is fully melted with the guacamole and ranch on the side for toppings.
We decided to make quite a night out of it. Fixed little plates with nachos and our toppings, and watched Community on DVD. Best way to deal with a long work week.