I was watching some food network contest shows on Netflix, and got insanely angry at how badly people made panini sandwiches. It inspired me to break out my panini press and get cooking. The result were perfectly grilled sandwiches that use radish in two ways.
RECIPE: Radish Panini
Makes 2 Servings
Deli Turkey and Ham
Pepper Jack Cheese/Cheddar Cheese
Hot Wing Sauce
1) Wash and dry the radish greens.
2) Thinly slice radishes and lightly salt.
3) Scoop some butter into a bowl, season with oregano, black pepper, and garlic powder. Stir well.
4) Slice pumpernickel bread and cheese.
5) Spread butter on outside of bread slices.
6) Layer meat of choice, sauce, radishes, greens, cheese, then top bread. I did one sandwich as ham, mayo, hot sauce, radishes, greens, pepper jack cheese, then top bread. The other was turkey, horseradish sauces, radishes, greens, cheddar cheese, then top bread.
7) Grill and press until bread is crisped and cheese is melted.
8) Slice in half and serve with .chips and fruit. I chose pears which went well.