My fiance has been begging for waffles for weeks now. Unfortunately, he kept waking up before me on Sundays. That means I got scrambled egg breakfast in bed, and he did not get waffles. This weekend, I convinced him to wait until I woke up for breakfast so that I could make waffles. Here is the recipe I used last Thanksgiving and was worth making again!
RECIPE: Sunday Waffles
Makes 4 Servings
2 Cups Flour
3 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
3 Eggs, split
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup shortening
1) Split egg yolks into the mixing bowl, while putting the egg whites in another bowl.
2) In mixing bowl, stir together the egg yolks, baking powder, salt, flour, and whole milk.
3) Melt the shortening and stir into the batter.
4) Use a hand beater and beat the egg whites until they form peaks but are not dry.
5) Fold in egg whites to the batter.
6) Spoon 1/4 of the mixture onto the waffle iron, and sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
7) Serve with butter and syrup, butter and sugar, or just syrup, or as is.