We were having a hankering for Asian inspired flavors the other night. Sadly, beyond a sushi shop, there isn’t any Chinese, Korean, or even Pan Asian restaurants worth getting take out from in our area. That means digging through our cupboard to find ingredients that fit that craving. I saw the giant jar of peanut butter, and immediately thought of college and my housemate’s spicy peanut butter noodles. So here is my adapted recipe for quick, spicy, and tasty peanut butter noodles.
RECIPE: Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles
Makes 2 Servings
Creamy Peanut Butter
Whole Wheat Pasta
1) Slice pork butt and begin cooking in a pan with a splash of sesame oil.
2) Start a pot of water boiling to cook the whole wheat pasta.
3) Chop garlic and hot peppers, add to the mostly cooked pork.
4) Add a scoop of peanut butter, a squirt of honey, a heavy dash of soy sauce, and a spoon full of ginger. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
5) Drain water chestnuts and add to the pork mixture.
6) Mix cooked pasta into the pork mixture and stir until the sauce sticks to the noodles as well. Add a touch of starchy pasta water if needed.
7) Serve in bowls and eat with chopsticks for the full experience.