This meal would normally be completely vegetarian, but the rice I had was precooked in chicken broth. If you cook the rice normally in flavored water (hot pepper flakes, etc) then you are good to go. This burrito has very flavorful layers that each stand apart when you take a bite. It is better than any burrito I have purchased before.
RECIPE: Pinto Bean Burrito
Makes 3 Servings
2 Cast Iron Pans
Corn on the Cob
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) In a cast iron pan, heat the pinto beans while seasoned with cumin, garlic, onion, cayenne, chili, paprika, and parsley.
2) Heat rice in a pan with tomato juice.
3) Finely chop the jalapenos and add them to the rice mixture.
4) Remove corn from the cob and stir into the pinto beans.
5) Slice pepper jack cheese.
6) Heat the tortillas in a warm cast iron pan.
7) Layer cheese, bean mixture, rice, salsa, and then fold it up.
I think the next time I make these burritos, I will add a bit of chopped onion for a crunch.