I made whole wheat pasta! I thought it would be a nice change from the usual egg pasta I make and I was right! I wish this recipe had more ‘from scratch’ ingredients, but sometimes you have to use whats in the fridge and/or freezer to throw something together. Plus the tomatoes are from my porch garden!
RECIPE: Pesto Pasta
Makes 2 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
Whole Wheat Pasta
1) Salt water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Drop in whole wheat pasta.
2) Start cooking meatballs in a cast iron pan.
3) Finely chop tomatoes and toss in with meatballs.
4) Pour a little of the starch water into the meatball pan to glaze the pan slightly.
5) Move pasta from pot to the cast iron pan.
6) Scoop about 2 spoon fulls of pesto over the pasta, and stir to evenly coat everything. Add a little more starch water if needed to thin the mixture. Stir and cook until perfect consistency.
7) Serve immediately. Would be good with a salad or garlic bread on the side!