I like brownies better than brownie cake, but sometimes the need to experiment gets the best of me. This cake slices and serves well, and pairs well with ice cream or whipped cream. If you like chocolate cake or cake style brownies, you will love this recipe.
RECIPE: Brownie Cake
Makes 8 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
Oven heated to 350
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg White
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 t Vanilla
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Marshmallows
1) In a mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, eggs, egg white, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
2) Add dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and salt.
3) Pour batter half the batter into the bottom of a cast iron pan.
4) Sprinkle marshmallows across the batter.
5) Pour the rest of the batter over the marshmallows.
6)Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
7) Let cool before slicing and serving.