Maybe I should have called this blog nachos, brownies, and beer. We eat them once a week and you can make them in so many different ways so they never get boring. Here is our double protein nachos. They are not only topped with season beef, but also a black bean sauce flavored with the sweet and spicy essence of jalapeno pepper jelly.
RECIPE: Double Protein Nachos
Makes 2 Servings
Cast Iron Pans
350 Degree Oven
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) Begin cooking beef in a cast iron pan.
2) In a food processor, puree black beans and jalapeno pepper jams. Pour into a pan and heat.
3) Season beef with all the spices listed above and stir. Add a touch of water to the spice mix and then let the liquid cook off to allow for an even coating of flavor.
4) Shred half the block of pepper jack cheese.
5) In baking dish, lay out a single layer of chips. Top with cheese, then beef, then black bean sauce.
6) Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
7) Top with ranch dressing and serve right away.
The picture on the left is before they go into the oven, and the picture on the right is after being baked and topped with ranch dressing. For the full experience, I suggest serving it with a nice chilled glass of grape kool aid.