I have a decent amount of travel for work. This week, travel meant getting up at five and driving across state for a meeting that I would be late for. The biggest issue is that I am not a morning person. The only way I will be staying awake is blasting a mix of metallica, sick puppies, and three days grace, and popping this oatmeal power balls in my mouth every 15 minutes.
These cookies are small, not overly sweet, and perfect for streamlining on a road trip.
RECIPE: Oatmeal Power Balls
Makes 5 Dozens
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Oven heated to 375
1/2 Cup Crisco
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
2 Cups Quick Oatmeal
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1 T Vanilla Extract
1/4 t salt
1 t baking soda
1) Cream together the crisco, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a bowl.
2) Add eggs and vanilla extract.
3) Stir in oatmeal, flour, salt, and baking soda, making sure that the entire mixture gets moistened.
4) Mix in chocolate chips.
5) Scoop dough onto ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes in 375 degree oven.
6) Let cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!