The Pepper Peach Jam was so good, that we decided to make a Raspberry version. This version isn’t as spicy, but the flavor is delicious. I am so looking to sitting around this winter and nibbling on crackers covered in this jam. Fortunately, this recipe makes about 14 quarter pint (4 oz ) jars.
RECIPE: Pepper Raspberry Jam
Makes 14 Four Oz Jars
4 Cups Sugar
4 Jalapeno Peppers
3 oz Pectin Pouch
3 T Apple Cider Vinegar
8 Cups Frozen Raspberries
1) In a large pot, combine frozen raspberries, sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Mash with a potato masher as it heats and cooks.
2) Chop jalapeno peppers into small pieces.
3) Add peppers into pot and stir with a spatula. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Once its at a rolling boil, add the pectin and stir.
5) Let boil for another 5 minutes.
6) Ladle jam into sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
7) Use a spoon to smooth out/pop any bubbles on the top of the jam.
8) Process in a hot water canner for 8 minutes.
This jam is good on toast, on crackers with a little cream cheese, and on vanilla ice cream. I am sure I will come up with more uses over the coming months as well.