I need to expand my skill set by trying new recipes and techniques. For my first challenge, I figured I would try a souffle! I can’t say I have ever had one, and the only thing I knew was the joke about “ssshh” you’ll make the souffle fall! Ends up even a barking dog will not make a souffle fall, so did not need to tip toe around the kitchen.
RECIPE: Banana Souffle
Makes 4 Servings
Kitchen Aid Mixer
Oven heated to 400
3 Egg Whites
1 Egg Yolk
1 Tbs Butter
5 Tbs Sugar
1 Tbs Vanilla
1) Puree bananas, 2 T sugar, vanilla, egg yolk, and nutmeg in a food processor until smooth.
2) In a little bowl, melt the butter. Brush ramekins with butter. Use 2 Tbs of sugar to coat the inside of the ramekins.
3) In kitchen aid mixer, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaked. Add 1 Tbs of sugar and beat until glossy and firm.
4) Pour banana mixture into a bowl, and blend with 1/4 of the egg whites using a spatula.
5) Fold in the remainder of the egg whites.
6) Drop mixture into ramekins, and tap on counter to flatten a bit.
7) Place ramekins on baking sheet and place in oven for 12-15 minutes.
8) Serve warm right away.
A light and delicious dessert to finish off a day. I would definitely recommend for any time you are trying to impress your friends or family! The banana flavor complements the airy texture of the dessert making it a perfect combination.