I love ratatouille. Both the movie and the food, but mostly the food. A friend introduced the dish to me at a Passover dinner with her family. When I have the time, I pull out her Aunt’s recipe and make a beautiful dish of ratatouille. However, after a long day of work and travel, I don’t have the patience to make the baked pretty version. However, this is my lazy day alternative which is equally as delicious (plus it has cheese! mostly because I have an unhealthy obsession with cheese).
RECIPE: Lazy Day Ratatouille
Makes 3 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
1 Egg Plant
3 Yellow Squash
1) Heat tomato sauce in the bottom of a cast iron pan.
2) Slice egg plant, zucchini, and yellow squashes.
3) Sprinkle heavily with thyme and rosemary.
4) Stir to coat the veggies with the herbs and tomato sauce.
5) Cover and let cook, stirring occasionally.
6) Top with mozzarella cheese and recover until melted.
7) Serve hot or store in containers to reheat for lunch the next day.