I love brownies. I eat a lot of them. Now and then I decide I want to experiment and bring some changes to my recipe. Well, I was going to do my usual brownies with a peanut butter swirl, but then I stopped and thought about it. Why not inverse it? Make a peanut butter brownie topped with chocolate.
RECIPE: Peanut Butter Brownies
Makes 9 x 13 Pan
9 x 13 Glass Pan
Oven Heated to 350 degree
1 1/4 Cups Flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Stick Margarine
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1) Cream together brown sugar, white sugar, and margarine.
2) Add peanut butter, vanilla, and egg and let mix.
3) Mix in salt, baking powder, and flour.
4) Grease 13 x 9 pan.
5) Pour batter into the pan and then bake for 20 until the edges slightly begin to brown.
6) Sprinkle handfuls of marshmallows and chunks of chocolate bar all over the brownie base and bake for another 5 minutes until the marshmallows become slightly browned.
Not nearly as good as classic chocolate brownies, but a delicious dessert for a week.