I love appetizer foods and bar foods. Is there any one out there that hates wings, loaded potato skins, nachos, or jalapeno poppers? If there are, I haven’t met them. I can make decent wings, amazing nachos, and prefer garbage fries over potato skins, which leaves jalapeno poppers. I was gifted a beautiful bag of jalapenos and immediately thought of making poppers. However, that doesn’t make a very filling dinner. So here is my Jalapeno Popper Chicken dinner.
RECIPE: Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Makes 3-4 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
1 Sweet Pepper
6 Jalapeno Peppers
3 oz Cream Cheese
4 oz Cheddar Cheese
3 Cloves Garlic
2 Grilled Chicken Breasts
1/2 Large Onion
1) Chop up sweet peppers in small chunks. I had half an orange pepper and part of a green pepper.
2) Slice jalapenos in rings.
3) In cast iron pan, add avocado oil with all peppers.
4) Mince garlic and add to the peppers. Stir.
5) Slice up half of a large onion or 1 regular sized onion. Throw in with peppers and garlic. Stir well making sure everything is cooking but not burning.
6) Cube the chicken breasts and toss it in the pan. Stir it all together.
7) Add the cream cheese to the pan and stir constantly until it begins to melt and coats everything!
8) Slice or shred the cheddar cheese and add it to the dish. Stir constantly until melts and everything is a cheesy delicious mess.
9) Crack a touch of black pepper over the mixture right before you serve it.
Make sure you serve this dinner with extra glasses of water or a strong beer. The fresh jalapeno will definitely pop with each bite you take.