My bagels had whole this time! They still aren’t bagel shop pretty, but I am pretty psyched about them. They are still the best bagels I can get in the area, so I will continue making them until I perfect the recipe.
Makes 10 Servings
Oven heated to 400
8 oz Water
2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 1/3 Cup Bread Flour
1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Yeast
1) Add ingredients in the order listed above into the bread maker, set to dough setting.
2) Let bread maker do its thing for 3 hours. When the dough is done divide it into 10 pieces.
3) Roll pieces into ropes and twist around your palm and roll off to form bagels.
4) Place dough on greased baking sheet and cover in a damp towel. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
5) While the dough is rising, bring 5 quarts of water with 2 tablespoons of molasses to a bowl. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
6) Boil bagels on each side for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
7) Put bagels on baking sheet and put it in the hot oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
8) Cool and enjoy toasted with cream cheese! There are only two bagels left in the container because we already ate the rest. Whoops.