This recipe is based on a recipe my friend sent me for zucchini pizza she made last night. I loved the idea and decided to do my own grilled variation. Mostly because it is too hot to cook inside, but partially because I think everything is better grilled. I also thank my wonderful coworkers for supplying the cherry tomatoes and yellow squash used in this recipe. The basil is actually from my porch garden! The rain hasn’t successfully drowned my plants yet!
RECIPE: Grilled Zucchini Pizza
Makes 4 Pizzas
Zucchini and Yellow Squash
1) Get a grill nice and hot. Place cherry tomatoes on the grill.
2) Cut zucchini in half and coat the inner side with balsamic vinegar. Place face down on the grill.
3) Flip the zucchini, add a bit of balsamic, and roll the cherry tomatoes. Close and continue to let cook.
4) When the tomatoes begin to split from the heat, move them to the tops of the zucchini and squish them down.
5) Chop the basil and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
6) Slice mozzarella cheese and lay over tomatoes. Close the grill and let cook.
7) Serve hot!