I received some jalapeno peppers from a coworker. I feel like I need to do something with these peppers that bring out all their fresh spiciness. Its raining, so I can’t grill. However, I want the flavor that comes with searing. It is time to break out the cast iron grill and get cooking.
RECIPE: Spicy Bean Stacks
Makes 2 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
Re Fried Beans
2 Small Onions
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Green Pepper
1) Heat grill pan with a bit of avocado oil. When its hot, set the peppers on the pan and let them sear. Flip/roll as needed.
2) In cast iron pan, begin to heat re-fried beans.
3) Chop onions and toss in with the beans.
4) When the peppers are seared, chop them and toss them in with the beans. Stir.
5) On hot grill pan, sear tortillas on both sides.
6) Chop cheddar cheese.
7) Layer as tortilla, 1/2 cup bean mixture, cheese, tortilla, 1/2 cup bean mixture, cheese, and then sprinkle with a touch of parsley.
Layer for as hungry as you are, I went single layer. My fiance went double layer. The seared jalapenos brought in so much spice to the dish that we both had to eat a peanut butter egg afterwards just to keep our tongues from burning.