A simple sloppy joe reminds me of childhood. Its messy and warm and dripping with sauce. If it were a Friday or Saturday night, this post would be about my childhood sloppy joe recipe and how I was eating it in my pajamas. Unfortunately, its a Monday and I have to be a grown up for a few more days. So here is my Adult-ing It Sloppy Joe, a refined version of a childhood favorite.
RECIPE: Adult-ing It Sloppy Joe
Makes 2 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
7 oz Ground Sirloin
Half an Onion
Apple Cider Vinegar
1) Begin cooking beef in cast iron pan.
2) In other pan, heat a tiny bit of avocado oil.
3) Thinly slice onion, chop squash.
4) Add squash to avocado oil and season with garlic and onion powder, and a sprinkle of parsley.
5) When beef is mostly cooked, add onions and hot peppers. Stir and let cook a bit.
6) Add a squirt of ketchup, a dash of Worcester, and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Grind black pepper over it. Stir and simmer until it all comes together.
7) Serve beef mixture on a bun and top with bleu cheese and squash on the side.