Maybe I should have named my blog after burgers instead of brownies, because I definitely post about burgers way more often. Most of the time that I bake brownies, it never last long enough for pictures (we often eat them when only half baked!).
This post is actually going to be about the whole meal, so three recipes in one post! Whoo! This has your main dish, the HOT..HOT..HOT Wings Burger, Okra and Tomatoes, and a Punching Plum Drink (not for those under legal drinking age).
If you like hot wings at the bar, you will adore this burger!
RECIPE: Hot..Hot..Hot Wings Burger
Makes 2 Burgers
Jar with lid
Apple Cider Vinegar
1) A few hours before dinner, in a jar mix together hot sauce, hot pepper slices, a dash of apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and paprika. Let sit.
2) Light the grill and form the patties.
3) Sprinkle the patties with salt and pepper right as you put them on the grill.
4) Grill burgers until perfect. Right before you take them off, put on the buns on the grill to get them toasted.
5) Assemble as bottom bun, patty, hot peppers soaked in sauce, coating of sauce, blue cheese, top bun.
6) Serve with grilled corn!
RECIPE: Okra and Tomatoes
Makes 4 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
1/2 Lb Okra
1) Heat bacon grease in cast iron pan.
2) Slice up okra and lay in bacon grease. Let fry until crispy on the ends.
3) Chop garlic and toss in with okra, lowering pan heat.
4) Slice and throw in half an onion. Stir and let cook.
5) Chunk tomato and stir into the mixture. Let cook on low until perfect.
6) Serve as a very southern side.
RECIPE: Punching Plum Drink
Makes 1.5 Servings
4 Over ripe Plums
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
Sprinkle of Sugar
1 -2 Shots Vodka
1) Take the pits out of the plums and put them in the blender.
2) Add two handfuls of ice cubes, lemon juice, a sprinkle of sugar, and vodka.
3) Blend, then blend again, and then blend one more time until its smooth.
4) Pour it all into one cup just because and enjoy even if it is a work night.