Many people at my office garden and bring in their extras, so I got a tomato and some hot peppers on my way out the door tonight. I knew I wanted to cook with them for dinner, but I wasn’t in the mood for the usual dinner foods. I wanted breakfast for dinner. When you think breakfast for dinner, I am sure you think of pancakes or waffles. Nope, I want eggs and hash. A big filling hash
RECIPE: Hash for Dinner
Makes 2 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
5 Slices Bacon
Pepper Jack Cheese
1/2 Green Pepper
2 Hot Peppers
1 Small Tomato
1) In a pot, heat water with a sprinkle of salt and a splash of white vinegar.
2) In a cast iron pan, begin cooking the bacon.
3) Slice potatoes and chop veggies.
4) When the pan is filled with grease, scootch the bacon to one side and toss in the potatoes. Cover the pan.
5) In simmering water, crack four eggs and cover with a lid for 3 minutes.
6) When potatoes are softened, toss in all the vegetables. Cover again and stir occasionally.
7) Use a slotted spoon to remove eggs and place them in the bottom of bowls.
8) Crumble cheese over eggs.
9) Top with bacon, and then cover with the potatoes and vegetables.
10) Serve hot!