I will be on travel for work this week, and I need a quick dessert I can pack ahead to keep me happy while stuck in a hotel room watching more commercials than the television show. The choice for this trip is peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. They are small, easy to pack, and delicious. One of these can make a night by yourself into a party.
Makes 3 Dozen Cookies
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Oven heated to 375
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1) Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
2) Add vanilla, egg, and peanut butter to the mixture and beat together.
3) Measure in dry ingredients; salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
4) Stir in chocolate chips.
5) Scoop cooking dough onto greased cooking sheet.
6) Bake for 10 minutes or until bottoms slightly brown.
7) Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
The batter on these cookies even get a Louis lick of approval. He loves peanut butter more than life itself, so it was hard to get a picture that wasn’t blurry due to his excitement. Look at those crazy wide eyes!