I have a panini press that I do not use as often as I should. The reason may be that I store it on the shelf above the cabinets, and I’m too short to reach it. With the apartment smelling like french bread fresh from the bread maker, we decided to make bread the main aspect of dinner tonight. So my fiance, because he is insanely tall, got down the panini press and we got started on dinner.
If you like BLT’s, you will like the BT Panini. Its bacon, tomatoes, and the lettuce replaced with delicious panini ingredients.
RECIPE: BT Panini
Makes 2 Servings
Panini Grill or grill pan with a weight
Cast iron pan
1) In a cast iron pan, begin cooking bacon. Three slices per sandwich works well.
2) Thinly slice tomato, green pepper and mozzarella cheese.
3) Chop garlic scape into small pieces.
4) Slice french bread and spread the seasoned butter from the previous grilled lunch post on the outside of the bread slices.
5) Layer on the panini grill as bread, bacon, tomatoes, green peppers, garlic scapes, and then mozzarella cheese. Close the grill and wait until the cheese melts and the bread toasts.
6) Remove sandwiches from grill and slice in half. Serve with fruit or sliced vegetables. I decided to go with a plum.