We had amazing burgers last night. We ground the rest of the beef roast from the farmers market with bacon and made a variation of our bottoms up burgers. There was enough leftover meat that we decided to make a Burger Themed Breakfast. This breakfast has a Mexican flair and will make you ready to face the day straight on!
RECIPE: Salsa Burger Breakfast
Makes 2 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
Cast Iron Grill Pan
Ground Beef with bacon
1) Form a patty with the ground beef and put it on the hot cast iron grill pan. Season with cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
2) Thinly chop the scallions and hot peppers and toss into a cast iron pan.
3) When vegetables are slightly cooked, toss in a scoop of crushed tomatoes and season lightly with chili pepper.
4) Flip the burger patty and make sure to get a good crust and grill lines.
5) Crack four eggs into the vegetable and tomato mixture. Stir and cook over medium low until perfect.
6) Serve the burger with scrambled eggs and topped liberally with salsa.