I know I haven’t posted in a few days, and I apologize. It’s been a rough couple of days. This post is a dedication post to my Uncle Charlie. He was a jack of all trades, and master of them all. Knowing him made it less scary to try something new, after all you had no idea if you would be good at something if you didn’t try.
Charlie was one of my inspirations for cooking. The man was an incredible chef who could prepare anything. He would cross breed his own vegetables to get the perfect flavors for his meals. He knew every ingredient and recipe out there, not matter how unique or random.
This Swiss You Burger is a dedication to Charlie. Its a decadent burger with amazing sauteed mushrooms and double cheese.
RECIPE: Swiss You Burger
Makes 2 Servings
Cast iron pan
1 Tablespoon Butter
1) Melt butter in a cast iron pan on low.
2) Grind the raw beef roast with bacon. Grind again to mix thoroughly.
3) Slice mushrooms and finely dice garlic. Toss into the melted butter. Sprinkle with tarragon.
4) Form patties, salt and pepper each side before tossing onto the grill.
5) Once the mushrooms are cooked, add a little bit of red wine to the pan.
6) Grill the buns once the patties are almost done on the grill.
7) Layer the burger as bottom bun, patty, mushrooms, Swiss cheese, Cheddar cheese, and top bun.