I decided to branch out with these nachos. Instead of the usual oven melted cheese, I decided to make a nacho cheese sauce, like they do at snack stands, but better! These nachos came out amazing and flavorful, and surprisingly spicy! I hope you enjoy these!
RECIPE: Saucy Meaty Nachos
Makes 2 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
1/3 Cup Skim Milk
3 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
1/2 T Corn Starch
Leftover hamburger patty
1/2 a Green Pepper
Corn on the cob
4 oz Ranch Flavored Tortilla Chips
1) Crumble leftover hamburger patty into cast iron pan and season with paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder.
2) Cut corn off the cob, and chop sweet onion and green pepper.
3) Add chopped vegetables to the cast iron pan. Add a touch of water to evenly spread around the seasoning and slightly steam the vegetables.
4) In a pot, heat the milk on medium until steaming.
5) Finely slice 3 oz of pepper jack cheese and sprinkle and toss with 1/2 a tablespoon of corn starch until covered.
6) Slowly add the cheese to the milk while stirring constantly until a sauce in formed.
7) Place 2 oz of chips on each plate.
8) Top each plate with half the veggie and meat mixture.
9) Drizzle with cheese sauce (I need to drizzle better next time).
10) Serve immediately with hot sauce or salsa.