We grilled again tonight. And will probably grill tomorrow night also. I think this may just be a pattern for the rest of the year. One of the ideas that popped into our heads was Y Camp hobo stew, but we wanted something a little better than that. (Also, does anyone know a better name for that dish?) The result was a grilled mixed medley of vegetables with bratwurst on the side.
RECIPE: Grill Packets and Bratwurst
Makes 2 Servings
Canned Hot Peppers and Juice
2 Medium Potatoes
1) Chop green pepper and slice onion thin. Place on a sheet of foil.
2) Dice the potatoes small and add on top of peppers and onions.
3) Fold up the edges of the foil and pour a small jar of hot peppers and juice over everything.
4) Cover with another piece of foil into a little packet.
5) On a hot grill, place the foil packet and two bratwurst over medium flame.
6) Watch bratwurst and roll on the grill for even cooking. Flip the packet once when the bratwurst are about halfway done.
7) Drink an Angry Orchard while waiting for the food to grill because it is so ducking hot out.
7) Serve bratwurst with mustard and the vegetables by themselves. Enjoy.