Usually I make chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. This time I decided to mix it up and do a peanut butter cupcake with chocolate frosting. The best thing about cupcakes is that you can toss them into the freezer and enjoy them for the next three months!
RECIPE: Peanut Butter Cupcake
Makes 12 Servings
Kitchen Aid Mixer
350 degree Oven
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Cup Milk
2 Cup Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1) In kitchen aid mixer, mix together sugar, egg, and peanut butter on medium.
2) Add vanilla, salt, baking soda, and flour until thoroughly mixed and crumbly.
3) Mix in milk until a smooth batter is formed.
4) Scoop batter into cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpicks come out clean.
5) Let cool in pan and then on cooling rack.
6) Serve with chocolate frosting! (Not Shown)
The cupcakes come out as pale as a yellow or vanilla cupcake, but they pack quite the peanut butter punch. I could see those doing well with a chocolate filling as well as the frosting.