RECIPE: Leftover Chicken Stir Fry
Makes 4-5 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
3 t Hot Curry Powder
3 Poblano Peppers
3 Cloves Garlic
3/4 t Ginger
1 Splash Apple Cider Vinegar
1) Chop peppers, garlic, and scallions. Through them into a heated cast iron pan.
2) Splash 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar over the vegetables.
3) Stir vegetables and then add the canned tomatoes, continuing to stir.
4) Cook rice according to packaging. Used minute rice since we had some in the pantry. Usually I prefer jasmine rice.
5) Over the vegetables, sprinkle salt, black pepper, curry powder, and ginger. Stir constantly.
6) Drain pinto beans and add to cast iron pan, stir, and let cook.
7) Use an immersion blender to partially liquefy the beans and veggies together. I like to leave a couple beans full for texture.
8) Serve curry over rice. This recipe is a bit spicy, so a glass of milk would be a great beverage for dinner.
You may not be able to see the rice in my bowl, but I swear its there. Just a cup of curry over rice is incredibly filling. I am looking forward to the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!