We had a busy morning this past Saturday. Farmer’s market, garage sales, laundry, so we decided to do a quick lunch. Tuna salad is usually our go to, but today we branched out and made a quick chicken salad. This dish was delicious and well rounded. Everyone knows its important to get all those daily servings of vegetables.
The highlight of the dish was the Secret Aardvark hot sauce that we were recently gifted. Its a habenero pepper based sauce that kicks our usual hot sauces butt. I guess you could say I was looking for an excuse to use it.
RECIPE: Spicy Chicken Salad
Makes 2 Servings
Cooked Chicken Leg
1) Chop up chicken and scallion, throw them in a bowl. Removing chicken from bone not shown because it was not pretty.
2) Cut up half a head of broccoli and put in a pot with a little bit of water. Turn up the heat to let the broccoli steam.
3) Mayo and hot sauce ratios depend on the amount of chicken used. This was one chicken leg worth of meat which equaled one scoop of mayo (1/4 cup) and about 2.5 tablespoons of hot sauce.
4) Add broccoli into the bowl, making sure no water gets added in.
5) Stir until everything is evenly coated.
6) Serve with a sprinkle of paprika on top.