It is cold, and rainy, and wet. The best way to sum up what is going on outside is soup weather. Since I have homemade ravioli in the freezer, might as well use it for soup instead of the usual rice or noodles.
Normally, I would have some stock or broth in the freezer, or at least scraps to make broth, but I don’t at the moment. I prefer not to use the pre-made stuff as it tastes a little too salty. This is my recipe on how to make soup from start to finish in about 4 hours.
RECIPE: Ravioli Chicken Soup
Makes 5 Servings
Ladle for serving
Chicken Leg- Bone in, about a lb
1 1/2 Cups Frozen Peas
5 Cloves Garlic
2 Cup Mini Ravioli (frozen)
1 Bay Leaf
1 t Salt
2 t Pepper
1 T Basil
1 T Parsley (fresh and dried)
1) In a hot pot, drop in chicken leg to start browning and cooking
2) Chop up lower part of scallions and garlic. When chicken has browned, toss in chopped veggies.
3) Stir and let the garlic and scallions lightly brown. Add water until the chicken is covered.
4) Toss in bay leaf, salt,
pepper, basil, and parsley. Remove the chicken from the pot, pull off and chop the chicken and toss back in. Cover and let simmer.
5) Stir occasionally and adjust spices based
on preference. Toss in the chopped scallion greens.
6) About 5 minutes before you want to serve, turn the heat up to a boil, and add ravioli and frozen peas.
7) Serve and enjoy.
After dinner, I definitely felt warmed up and full. I hope you enjoy this simple delicious soup on a cold day as well.