I promise I will post brownies eventually. Right now, I am really craving cookies. I almost always make a type of drop cookie. Roll outs involve too much planning ahead. My usual process is its 8:30 or 9 at night, I suddenly really want a nice warm baked good to nibble on. I crack open one of my many cookbooks and find a delicious cut out cookie that I am now craving. I am all set to make it until I come across those dreaded words in the recipe… CHILL THE DOUGH. I don’t care if its 2 hrs or overnight. I want cookies now, not hours from now!
For those with a similar craving for cookies right this moment, I present Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
RECIPE: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes many Servings
Kitchen Aid Mixer (or bowl and wooden spoon)
Baking Sheet, Not Greased
Two table spoons
Oven heated to 375
1 stick margarine
1/2 cup jiff creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 t baking soda
2 t vanilla
1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chip cookies
1) Beat together margarine, shortening, and peanut butter until soft.
2) Add sugars, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla until well combined.
3) Add flour until the dough forms, then quickly mix in the chocolate chips to prevent over working the dough
4) Use tablespoons to drop dough onto the baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch of space between cookies. I prefer the 3 2 3 layout for cookies.
5) Bake for about 9 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
6) Let cool on a rack or enjoy warm with a big mug of milk