After a long work day, I have no interest in making a complicated meal that results in a ton of pots and pans to wash. My goal is to make the entire meal using just four tools- cutting board, knife, cast iron pan, and spatula.
My boyfriend and I were in a spicy mood tonight. Cajun spice with extra cayenne pepper and home canned peppers gives this dish a nice kick.
RECIPE: Cajun Chicken Fajita
Makes 2 servings
Cast Iron Pan
2 frozen chicken breasts
Cajun Spice Mix (will post the recipe for the blend later!)
1/2 an Avocado
1/2 an Onion
Pickled Hot Peppers
2 oz. Cheddar Cheese
Tortillas Medium size
Salsa (Optional. Didn’t end up using it)
1) Toss the frozen chicken in the cast iron pan and pour in some of the liquid from the hot peppers
2) Finely chop the onion, radishes, and avocado.
3) Shake Cajun seasoning all over that cooking chicken.
4) Once the chicken is almost done cooking toss in the chopped veggies and peppers.
5) Serve over a tortilla and top with cheddar cheese.
I love how colorful the plate looks. Pink radishes, yellow peppers, green avocado, orange cheese.
My boyfriend is a foot taller than me. You may be able to tell from the picture that he gets a slightly (much) larger serving than me. He added extra hot sauce to his, but I liked the recipe as is!